Regular Meeting Day/Time Second Saturday of Every Month/1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Since 1999, the Diabetes Education and Support Ministry (DESM) of Bryn Mawr Community Church (BMCC) has provided information and support for people living with diabetes (or supporting others who are) so they can effectively manage this chronic condition and improve the quality of their lives. Monthly meetings provide opportunities to receive information from health care professionals, discuss issues that are critical to people living with diabetes and give and receive support and encouragement. Workshop and discussion topics include important issues such as getting excellent medical care, nutrition, diet, exercise and diabetes research. Outreach activities include diabetes screenings, seminars featuring health care professionals and fundraising for the American Diabetes Association (ADA) through participation in the annual walkathon.
DESM Contact Information: Caryn Cross Hawk, Chair Email: BMCCDESM@aol.com
Direct Line (773) 324-0009 Church Office Phone (773) 324-2403
Meeting Schedule for 2017
**Indicates Special Meeting or Different Date or Location for that Month
- September 9 Ramona Burress, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacist Community, A Walgreens Pharmacy
- September 30 StepOut Walk for Diabetes – Diversey Harbor
- October 14 Doctor in the House: Thomas Pitts, Endocrinologist Current Diabetes Research, Trends and Medications
- November 11 Andrea Williams, Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian Continuous Glucose Monitoring & other Management Tools
- November 12** (Sunday) Diabetes Awareness Activity at church/National Diabetes Month
- December 2 or 3 Christmas Holiday Event – Location TBD